Friday, October 21, 2011

Sephora Friends and Family--Protect Me From Myself!

I'll say it: I need a Sephora intervention. 

The annual friends and family sale started today, and I've been like a kid in a candy store.  A kid with a credit card in a candy store, at that.  I'm really excited about my haul (and will be doing swatches here, especially of the newer products that have just debuted) but it's a bit...large.  And expensive.  And large. 

Perhaps I can pass some of these things off as early Christmas presents to myself.

In any case, here's a rundown of my final haul:
 

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Gold Mascara: This was a total impulse buy, and there's at least a 50/50 chance I'll be returning it, but OMG look at how pretty it is!  I've always loved the look of Givenchy's mascara brushes (though I'm slightly concerned that I'll stab myself in the eye with one) and my hope is that the gold sparkle will be subdued enough that I can wear it over black mascara without looking overly glittery.  
Sephora Favorites--Give Me Some Lip: Another impulse buy, and another product with a high return probability.  I love the Tarte LipSurgance in Moody already (it's one of my daily-wear favorites), and I have a Smashbox lipgloss that I love and adore in Endless, but I've never tried their Fame shade.  The others look...okay.  I don't see myself wearing either the super nude Kat Von D lipstick or the peachy Lancome gloss, but we all know how different something looks in the tube compared to how it looks on the lips. 

NARS blush in Orgasm: Like the Naked Palette, what more does one need to say about NARS Orgasm blush that hasn't already been said?  I have yet to try this supposedly universally flattering shade, so I'm giving it a whirl, and don't expect to be disappointed.  If I am, there's always the fabulous Sephora return policy!


Bobbi Brown Cool Party Palette and Party Palette: I fell in love with early swatches of these palettes, and actually had them both in my shopping bag on bobbibrown.com as of October 19th because they weren't coming up on Sephora's website.  Thankfully I checked for them one more time before I placed my F&F order because sometime overnight they'd been added to Sephora's stock!  After much rejoicing in the streets (actually a happy dance in my bathroom, where I was huddled with my iPad at 6:00 am on the first morning of the F&F sale) I was able to save $20 off the original price of both palettes.  Hooray!


Sephora Standing Brush Set: I don't actually have a good blush brush anymore (cheekstain has been my friend lo these many months since I started wearing makeup again) and had heard reasonably good reviews of Sephora's eyeshadow brushes.  Even if they're not wonderful, this will make a good travel set.

So what did you haul?

No comments:

Post a Comment