Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel Review

In spite of the progress I've made in the last year bringing my hormonal acne under control, I do still get a zit or two at various times of the month.  This month I was lucky enough to be visited by one at the bottom of my right nostril (awesome!) a site where the worst zit I've ever had appeared when I was 16.  That site is home to one of the few true acne scars I have, and is thus a place I approach with trepidation whenever I feel a blemish coming on.

Luckily I'd received my Sephora Mystery Bag the night before this zit appeared, and whipped out the Clinique Spot Healing Gel as soon as I stepped out of the shower that morning.  It took at least two days of regular applications (one at night and one in the morning) but the gel did the trick.  Since my experience with blemishes in this particular area is that they tend to stay inflamed and tender when left untreated, I feel safe in saying that the Clinique gel sped up healing time by at least 5-6 days total, and almost immediately eliminated the redness and swelling I'd been experiencing.

I'll spare you photos of my zit's transformation.  Trust me, you want to take my word for it.

That said, this gel is no joke.  a bit must have gotten into the crease between my nose and cheek, and the area has been peeling for almost 72 hours now. I definitely wouldn't use the Clinique gel on any zit that couldn't be taken care of easily with a quick drain or a milder spot treatment.

Overall I do plan to buy a full-sized tube once this sample runs out, though I expect that will take awhile.  Not only is my current skincare regimen working, the sample is generous and shouldn't need replacing for at least another couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment